Resources by, about, and for Jews of Color
Interested in learning more about the experiences of Jews of Color?
Rising in Love encourages you to seek out works of fiction and non-fiction written by Jews of Color. The following list is by no means exhaustive or definitive and we hope you will continue to learn along with us well beyond this list.
- What Not to Say to Jews of Color
- Jews of Color Part 1: Privilege of White Ashkanazi Jews (This whole multi-part series is excellent.)
- We are family: Rethinking Race in the Jewish Community
- Racism in the Jewish Community : The uncomfortable truth
- What Makes This Jew Different Than All Other Jews? Race, Difference, and Safety in Jewish Spaces
- Where are the Jews? by Bekkah Scharf
- Being an Asian American Jew Means Tackling the Model Minority Myth Twice by Hanah Bloom
- Reject the Model Minority Myth edition of Anti-Racism Daily
- Asian Jews Deserve Better by Gen Xia Ye Slosberg
- Thoughts from a Unicorn: 100% Black. 100% Jewish. 0% Safe by MaNishtana
- Ariel Samson: Freelance Rabbi by MaNishtana (we like everything by MaNishtana)
- The Color of Love by Marra B. Gad
Are you a Jew of Color (or however you self-define!) looking, like Scott in Rising in Love, for community and connection?
Here are a few resources aimed at meeting you where you are in a safe space where you can be all of you. We hope through them you will find inspiration, community, liberation, and connection.
Building bridges with other Jews of Color
Building bridges with the wider Jewish community and beyond
And so much more! Thank you Davinica Nemtzow for compiling sections of these lists while Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Associate at Tribe 12 in Philadelphia, PA.
Please email us at email@example.com if you have suggestions to include.